Sunday 2 August 2009

Project 16

Defining a point

In carrying out this and the following few projects I have been struggling to understand where it is leading. OK, I understand what a point is, and I can understand that I can position points and that they can relate to one another, but what does this do to my photography?

The picture below shows a sheep as a point in a field, and i can see that it breaks up what would otherwise just be a field, but what does it prove or do? After all, it is a picture of a sheep isn’t it? What’s more, it looks as though I have just taken a very amateur photo on my Kodak Brownie!

SONY DSC

Anyway, here is a point. I could have taken a photo of almost anything, a tree in a field, a bird in the sky, an aeroplane in the sky, any other animal, or building in a field, a boat in the water. Almost endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment